Saturday, March 5, 2011

YSL Manifesto!!!

YSL Manifesto
From Racked.com
  Every season Yves Saint Laurent releases their Manifesto, their version of a "What Wear How" guide... It contains a set of prints from that seasons campaign, a look book for the collection, and from what I hear some backstage shots from the show, all wrapped up in a collectible canvas tote... It is all done in a Guerilla Marketing sort of way because they only print about 2000 of them, and don't distribute them via the stores, they take them out  to the streets of selected cities, usually Paris, London, New York, etc... and pass them out to people on the streets! Well, I am obviously in San Diego, and not at liberty to just jaunt up to LA (an added city this season.) to wander the streets, and search for the manifesto... My connections at YSL left long ago, after the Tom Ford era ended, but... I GOT IT PEOPLE!!!
Image from Racked.com
  My dearest friend Elgin, also known as the Feel Good Guru of Style, made a couple calls, and not only got me one set, but 2 sets of the books!!! I am dying! I have been excited all day, and CANNOT WAIT to receive it! But in the meantime, you guys can check out the tote (Jealous?), and a couple great pics... This seasons Manifesto was shot by powerhouse photog couple, Inez Van Lamsweerde, and Vinoodh Matadin, and features the amazingly gorgeous Arizona Muse... I hope you like them... When I get the book, I will post more!!!
Arizona Muse in the Manifesto
From Vogue.co.uk
Manifesto Image From
Vogue.co.uk
Manifesto Image
From Vogue.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment