Wednesday, March 2, 2011

FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!

Formichetti for Mugler Fall 2011
From Style.com
  I swear I am OVER IT! I was not even going to bother with this post, but decided that if I let Dolce & Gabbana have it for their outre show of bizarre alphabet prints, why shouldn't I let Nicola Formichetti have some too! I get it you're designing for the house of Thierry Mugler, and his designs were edgy and creative, and NO, you should not be designing Harley Davidson Bodysuits, or lacquering up your models in metallic chrome, but you should at least give them variety! I don't mean to sound prudish, but I was hard pressed to find a wearable top in the whole collection, after the fifth skintight pencil skirt, and completely sheer top, it go very old. Even Lady Gaga, prowling down the catwalk in a cone bra couldn't rescue this ship! This sums up the collection, with the exception of the first pantsuit on the runway, a tailored black suit with the signature Mugler shoulders, this collection was a line of bad taste, and workout clothes...
  I do have to say the did a really good set for the show... Oops, apparently the lighting was horrible, and you couldn't even see the garments... Why? I believe that he has it in him, I think he is great, and adorable... But now both Men's and Women's Mugler has been a let down... Maybe if he just focused on designing, and left that woman out of it... Just saying...

No comments:

Post a Comment