Friday, March 18, 2011

As My Friend Jose Said, "Time For A New Reign!"

Ricardo Tisci And Mariacarla Boscano
On The Cover Of "i-D" Magazine!
  It is almost official, Tisci is in at Dior! My dear friend Elgin over at the Feel Good Guru Of Style, reported earlier tonight, that it is true! Reporting on Derek Blasberg's tweet from March 8th, I followed up with a very well sourced friend in NYC, who confirmed "I just asked my friend, who is on the senior team at LVMH. Get ready honey, it's time for a new reign!" It apears there will be a press conferance the beginning of next week to announce Tisci's new role!
  That is great news for the LVMH family, as Tisci's position at Givenchy mirrors Galliano's rise to Dior, so they don't have to outsource for their star position. I really love Ricardo's work, and hope he is able to translate his genius into this new brand! Again, I  LOVE him, I just think that his style is a little more avant garde, and "cooler" than the Dior client is accustomed to. I commented to my friend that I didn't think he was right for Dior, to which my friend replied "I agree, but neither was Galliano!". So true. In fact, I don't even remember what was going on at Dior before 1997! I am looking forward to what Tisci has in store for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment