Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I Am On A Quest!


Lanvin Spring 2011 Sandals
Photo from Style.com
  So while searching for my summer shoes... Dare I say sandals... I was looking through images from the men's spring shows. It is safe to say, it has been determined that I love, LOVE Lanvin, and think that between Alber Elbaz, and Lucas Ossindrijver the brand can do no wrong. So it should come as no shock to you that I went straight to the Lanvin section of Style.com looking for my 2011 sandal. What I came across shocked me... Again, because I remember being shocked back in June when I first saw the show.
  Athletic Sandals. Nearly orthopedic, hiking sandals that are most often seen on middle aged hippy men, who commune with nature regularly, were mixed in with all the Lanvin staples. The nude chiffon tee's, plum colored silken trousers, and necklaces made from horn, and bits of hardware, were being finished with theses "Teva" wannabes. They even have the lug soles and nylon straps, just like their urban naturalist counterparts. I have been looking for  a new sandal (as if I was going to wear gladiators again...), but could this be the one? I would obviously forgo the cargo shorts, and palm tree printed tee's so often associated with the style, and go for slim forest green chinos, white button up, and big statement necklace. But on Luisaviaroma.com they are selling for $595, so that got me thinking...



  I went to ebay. The first step was to eliminate all of the printed nylon straps, and find a pair with minimal branding. I know I won't find exact, so just a hint will do. I wanted simple, and reminiscent of the Lanvin wonders, but blatantly NOT running, hiking sandals, and NOT $600! But they were nature sandals after all... So I chose the most basic ones available! What say you? Beige, black, or khaki? Or should I avoid going down this slope either way? I mean first the sandals, next thing you know I am staying at a Vedic Ashram, eating cold oatmeal... Slippery slope people...

2 comments: