Monday, April 4, 2011

The "Birkinest" Of Birkins Goes On The Block Tomorrow!

Birkin's Birkin!
Photo from Vogue.com
  No, not the $100,000 albino crocodile bag, with a diamond encrusted lock. The original Birkin... In 1981 Jane Birkin was on a plane from Paris to London seated next to the then CEO of Hermes Jean-Louis Dumas, and Fashion History was made! It was the birth of The Birkin. Hermes' iconic bag that I find myself mentioning at least once a day was conceived on that flight, and tomorrow, the Original Birkin Bag goes for auction on eBay... Starting price you ask? A mere $2000...
Birkin's Birkin!
Photo from Vogue.com
  I would like to think that my future Birkin would look like this, as my philosophy is "It's a bag... USE IT!"  I love the way bags look when they are used a bit, they look better with my personal style philosophy... There are stickers stuck to it from her travels, and prayer beads wrapped around the handles. This is definitely NOT Victoria Beckham's purse. This bag has traveled from Haiti to Burma and endless miles in between. The proceeds raised will be donated to Japanese Relief Funds through the Red Cross, so it isn't just a great fashion find, it's a great cause too!

No comments:

Post a Comment