Monday, May 30, 2011

So, I Have Been So Consumed With The McQueen Exhibit...

Pieces From The Balenciaga Exhibit at the De Young
  I am leaving on June 25th to NYC, to see the McQueen: Savage Beauty, exhibit... Oh, yeah, some friends are in NYC too, but the trip was pretty much determined when the news broke that there would be an exhibit at the Met. That being said, I have been super neglectful of the Balenciaga And Spain exhibit at the De Young in San Francisco. I am nearly as excited to see that, as I am for the Met's show. I leave Wednesday night for SF, and get to see this show as well!
  This exhibit focuses on the designs of Cristobal Balenciaga, and the influence he took from his native Spain.The show is broken up into six areas of influence, Spanish Art, Regional Dress, The Spanish Court, Religious Life and Ceremony, the Bullfight, and Dance! I imagine with Pieces from The Costume Institute at the Met, and some awesome selections from Hamish Bowles (who is the guest curator), this exhibit will definitely be a can't miss, and really educational! If the set up is close to the set up of the YSL exhibit I saw at this venue, I will be feet, if not inches away from some of the most inventive, and well constructed clothing in history!

No comments:

Post a Comment