Monday, May 2, 2011

Daphne Guinness Dresses For The Masses!

Daphne Guinness Photo
from PatrickMcMullan.com
  Today is a very exciting day for the anyone who loves fashion. The Metropolitan Museum Of Art's annual Costume Institute Gala is tonight, celebrating the launch of the Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty exhibit (which I will be seeing in July! I can't wait!!!). The people who make my world move will be there to remember the talented artists work, and Daphne Guinness, one of his closest friends will be dressing for the event in the windows of Barneys New York's Madison Ave storefront! Don't think this is going to be some burlesque show, "I am not Dita Von Teese, nor shall I be..." Guinness said in her New York Times write up on the occasion. She will be dressing behind screens, and be coming out occasionally  to show the progress! I love this idea, and can't Wait to see what she, and the other guests will be pulling from archives!
  The windows will also showcase the collection of McQueen items purchased from the estate of the late Isabella Blow, which Daphne picked up, keeping the collection in tact. The show will begin at 5pm eastern time, and run until she leaves for the event! I wish I were there to see this, even if I am not on the guest list for the party... YET! You can see her rituals at The Barneys Window Website! This is something you don't want to miss!

No comments:

Post a Comment