Thursday, May 26, 2011

Vogue Italia, Get Ready For Emily Soto!

  I have recently had the great privilege of working with Emily Soto, a local San Diego Photographer... I met Emily in November at a large event I coordinated. She was working the "Step and Repeat", and almost immediately I emailed seeing if she ever needed a stylist. It took a while, we both have had a LOT going on, but finally last month, we set up a shoot. It was one of the best experiences I have had in SD.
  Emily studied Hospitality, and tourism management at Western Carolina University, and after getting her BA, moved into fashion, and communications. After feeling no creative outlet she discovered her love of photography, and her husband Vic, who is also a super talented photographer.
  All that is great for her resume, but what stuck me as amazing, aside from her brilliant lighting techniques that add an almost cartoon like beauty to the shots, is her willingness to collaborate! She doesn't just want a stylist there to put outfits together, she lets them direct some of the shoot as well!
  "I love conceptualizing shoots, developing creative teams, and seeing the results." Fortunately for me, she has included me in that creative team a couple times! I look forward to our next shoot, and sharing the proof of her talent with you! What is your goal, I asked her, "So many goals, but I have to say my dream is to shoot an editorial for Vogue Italia." Emily, keep it up! You are on your way, and I am excited to be along for the ride!


All Images From Emily Soto

No comments:

Post a Comment