Friday, February 11, 2011

The New Shoe!

 This Is It! Miuccia is GENIUS! Seriously, I am in love with this shoe in EVERY incarnation! Obviously the loafers for me, brown for day, with my American Apparel shorts (ALL summer), and the black for evening, with skinny trousers! They are thoroughly modern, and edgy, except they are classic oxfords! I love the Espadrille effect of the rope layer mixed with the chunky colors! I seriously need them, and want my girls to have the wedges!
  The wedge version seems like THE new cool girl shoe! I love the idea of denim shorts and a man's shirt, or even a bathing suit on the boardwalk! The leather work is so pretty on them, and they come in not only different colors of leather, but different styles for women! I just prefer the contrast of the mens style shoe, and the platform wedge! Of course, being as we are in the USA, and most American's have a little "tamer" tastes, they seem to be hard to find! The easy to find versions of the mens espadrille oxfords are available at Neiman Marcus for $650, and similar styles for women range from $885-$990!

No comments:

Post a Comment