Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I Am Not Gonna Lie...

Gucci Fall 2011 From Style.com
  Last seasons Gucci collection was a little off for me. There was still a late 70's early 80's "Dynasty vibe", and although I loved the bright mixed colors, the shapes were just a tad too "Alexis Carrington" for me. Today in Milan, Frida Giannini showed Gucci's 90th Anniversary collection, and blew it out of the water! The show was so strong, and unique, while still following all the Fall trends! The wide leg trousers are there, and the 40's via 70's feel was there again, but wow! This was done in such a grown woman direction, with such glamor, I could see everyone from Emmanuelle Alt, to Anna Wintour wearing (select) pieces!
  I really loved the springtime color blocking, pattern mixing trend, but Frida Giannini turned those into vivid satins into toned down silks, and matte jerseys. A navy wool trench over Teal silk blouse. The tops, are a major LIKE for me! The high necked blouses, in vivid jewel tones, had the 40's tied neck that I love, were worn with contrasting colored trousers (see right), or put with flowing calf length skirts, and anyone from Ingrid Bergman, to Diane Kruger could rock it out!
  Even the evening wear dresses toward the end of the show, with the long sheer skirts over panties, were reasonable to me. I know that last season when Givenchy did it, I wasn't crazy about it, but somehow this was more ladylike, more womanly!
  In short, this collection has that element of subversive sexuality to it, that hides most erogenous zones but is still a little perverse, and definitely strong. Here is a link to the whole collection!

Gucci Fall 2011 at Style.com

2 comments:

  1. no, seriously! my friend Katie pointed out that it has the same point of view as Tom Fords Fall 1994 collection, just way more grown up... and that was one of my all time fave Tom moments!

    ReplyDelete