Sunday, July 10, 2011

Cartier... No, Not The Bracelet, I Mean Willy

Image from Marquis De Lannes
Image from
Schon Magazine #11
  So every once in a while, I come across a model that really speaks to me, Linda, Naadja, Karlie, even Daphne Groenveld, but this one really does it! I love his work.Rarely is this ever in reference to a guy male model. I think the problem is I don't want to sound like I am mooning over a boy, especially a celebrity. I am a man of a certain age, and having posters of "hot guys" is not my style. With Willy Cartier I am willing to do it. Yes, yes, yes, I think he is definitely attractive, his features are both extremely masculine, and soft at the same time, showing his versatility as a model. He plays the "rough trade" card just as believably as the "androgynous" role.
Image from Givenchy
  In Givenchy's campaign he is the girly boy going in for the kiss on another guy, and in the show for spring, he is a hustler ready to kick some ass! This season's couture shows saw him as the big bad wolf at Gaultiers couture collection. He volunteers with unprivileged youth, and in behind the scenes videos, he is a goofy, funny guy out for a laugh! It's true, there may be a big ol' crush involved, but the point of this story is Willy as a model. See for yourself on this Tumblr dedicated to him!

3 comments:

  1. We are fashionistas therefore it is natural for us to always have fashion crushes :)
    -fggofstyle
    http://www.fggofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been called out for my "Unusual Taste" in men because of this post! Lol! I think he is stunningly beautiful! Ha! A gym boy told me that! I guess I should consider the source!

    ReplyDelete